Explore the Best Family-Friendly Activities in Negril - 2024 Guide
Discover unforgettable experiences for all ages amidst the stunning beauty of Negril, Jamaica
So here's our top things to do in Negril with kids guide?
- Seven Mile Beach will no doubt be where you spend most of your
time on your Jamaican family vacation. Relax in your beach chair as the
kids play in the sand and splash in the shallow waters. Don't forget to
pack water shoes and some floaties for the kids. Watch out for the patty vendor coming by selling beef patties, chicken patties, veggie patties and more! Makes a delicous lunch for the kids.
- Glass bottom boat rides are available for a great price.
Negotiate for a private tour for your family with the boat captains and
head out to the reef. This is great for babies and toddlers in Negril!
Older kids can enjoy snorkeling with all the colorful fish
swimming around them. This is one of the most popular things to do in
Negril with kids and a personal favorite! Hire a boat or join a tour. Most boat operators have snorkeling equipment and life jackets with them but if your kids are quite small consider bringing your own to ensure the proper fit.
- Horse Back Riding on the beach or in the country side is lovely! I would recommend using a
reputable company as opposed to the beach vendors to ensure a safe
ride. If your children are animal lovers this will be one of their
favorite things to do in Negril.
- Take a stroll down the beach to Margaritaville and your kids will have a blast on the ocean trampolines. Have a drink at the beach bar with the family or grab a bite to eat.They make great burgers!
- Visit the Craft Market
for some shopping. Have the kids test their bargaining skills for a
souvenir to bring home. Pick out a shell necklace, Yeah Mon T-shirt or
the latest Reggae music! Be warned though the market is not for the
faint of heart. These vendors want your business!
More Fun Things to Do in Negril with Kids
- Spend the day at Kool Runnings water park. Teens usually go gaga over the Lightening Bolt and Jamaican
Bobsled water rides. Its one of the many awesome things to do in Negril
and a great way to cool off from the hot Caribbean sun. The younger
toddlers and young children will love to paddle about at Captain Mikie's
- Head to Rick's Cafe in the late afternoon to watch the cliff divers jump from dizzying heights. Teens may want to join in the fun from a lower platform or take a dip in the pool. This is the perfect place to watch the sunset each evening. This is one of the most popular of all the Negril activities.
- Don't miss the delicious Jamaican Food. Stop by a fruit stall and try some new exotic fruits such as sweetsop and naseberry. Jerk chicken, ackee and saltfish and more!
- Teenagers will feel enjoy seeing a live Reggae Show at one of the beachfront bars. You will see lots of signs advertising these shows along the beach.
- Other sporty things to do in Negril with kids include renting a Jet Ski for the family and taking turns bringing the kids out for a fun, wet ride in the sun!
Running out of things to do in Negril with kids? Check out these nearby day trips.
Negril Day Trips
- Just under two hours from Negril is YS Falls. Enjoy these
gorgeous falls surrounded by lush gardens. The kids will be enthralled
swinging from the Tarzan rope into the pools of water. Those over 10
years old can go tubing down the river or zipline above the falls. Try
to arrive in the morning to avoid the group tours. YS Falls is closed on
Mondays. This was one of my children's all time favorite Jamaican
attractions! What a confidence booster!
- Mayfield falls is
located an hour away from Negril. A guide can help you and the kids
climb the falls and enjoy a dip in the pools of water. Make sure to
bring your water shoes.
- Yes that is a bar in the middle of the ocean! Head to Treasure Beach for the day. This laid back fishing village is a great place to catch a local fishing boat out to Pelican Bar in the ocean. Be sure to keep an eye out for the dolphins swimming nearby. Kids will get a kick out of this wooden hut one mile out in the ocean. You can stop by for a drink or have the chef cook you up a fresh fish or lobster meal! One of the most memorable Negril day trips for families.
- Now head up to Black River to search for crocodiles amongst the mangroves. Stop at the crab shack for some delicious baked crabs! Yummy -I love these!
More Jamaica family travel articles:
Return to Top of Page