FREE printable luggage tags for the kids when you sign up for our newsletter! Plus we share our best travel tips!
Things to do in Grand Cayman Islands with Kids
Enjoy a Family Caribbean Vacation
The Grand Cayman Islands have endless beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters inhabited by colorful fish but apart from the natural beauty of the islands children can also be entertained by more familiar diversions. You will find mini golf, bowling, cinemas, sports facilities, play areas and of course water sports and diving. There are so many things to do here, don't miss it!
There are many activities which are unique to the islands, you can take a boat trip up the North Sound or take older children on a kayak trip in the Mangroves there are also hiking trails and a few museums. Dot miss the turtle farm and the stingray city. These were two of our favorite places!The butterfly farm is an interesting spot and of course simply hanging out on the beach!
This is a lovely choice for a vacation in the Caribbean and one of the spots we have fond memories of!
Best Things to Do in Grand Cayman Islands with Kids
- Boatswains Beach & Cayman Turtle Farm -You could call this a marine life theme park as visitors get to enjoy a day in the Botswain Lagoon swimming and snorkeling as well as getting up close and personal with turtles and other creatures. There are 23 acres of park which includes nature trails, a predator reef with sharks and eels and a Caribbean Aviary. Kids can see the animals getting fed and interact with the turtles they will also learn a lot about conservation. Entrance is $45 for adults and $25 for children. Your kids will love this! One of the best things to do in the Grand Cayman Islands.
- Butterfly Farm -Butterflies flock to the bright colored flowers which densely cover the butterfly farm, here you can stand still and get covered with hundreds of the insects. There is an informative guided tour to explain the different types of butterflies. This is a great thing to do in Grand Cayman Islands with your kids!
- Botanical Park - Although, of course, the plants are the main attraction here kids will love spotting the blue Iguanas as well as the other small creatures in the park like the turtles and exotic birds. There is a Woodland Trail, a display of rare orchids, a Grand Cayman Island sand garden with indigenous plants and a lake. Entrance is $10USD and children under 12 years old enter for free.
- Stingray City -On the North Sound there are shallow sandbars where stingrays gather and have become used to the constant flow of human visitors. The water is about chest high and visitors can take boat trips out to the area and then walk around or snorkel down to meet the marine animals. Your tour boat leader will more than likely bring with him chunks of fish to feed the stingrays.
- Cayman Motor Museum -For car enthusiasts this is a great attraction when you want to get out of the sun, they even have a Batmobile! Entrance is $15USD and $10USD on Saturdays. Kids who love cars will be thrilled! A wonderful Grand Cayman Island adventure!
- Books & Books Another way to get away from the beach for a while is to visit this unique bookstore. There are story times, craft times, talks by interesting guests and there is a room with lots of books, toys and games.
- Jolly Rodger -The kids will love the 2-hour coastal cruise on a "real" pirate ship complete with costumed crew who enact sword fights, and get everyone involved in hoisting the mainsail. The ship stops for a swim at sea and you may just find yourself walking the plank! One of the best things to do in Grand Cayman Islands!
- Dolphin Cove - There are 2 dolphin parks in the Caymans one is in natural seawater lagoons. At each of these parks you can have a personal encounter with the dolphins and kids can learn more about these creatures. Don't forget to wear biodegradable sunscreen -find out more here!
- Cayman Islands Submarines -You can take one of the submarine tours (day tour, night tour) and go 100 feet below the surface of the water. The journey for the day dive ($84 for adults and $54 for kids) takes 1 1/2 hours and there is a commentary pointing out interesting marine life along the way. Alternatively the Seaworld Observatory is like a boat with an underwater section with Perspex walls so you can sit downstairs 5 feet under the water and see various sites beneath the water. This may be better for older kids who might not find the submarine claustrophobic. The Seaworld Tour is also cheaper at $34 for adults and $19 for kids. A great Grand Cayman Island attraction.
Read more about Caribbean Holidays with kids here
Grand Cayman Islands
Return to Top of Page