FREE printable luggage tags for the kids when you sign up for our newsletter! Plus we share our best travel tips!
Best Things To Do In Nassau with Kids
Are you ready for our top 10 things to do in Nassau?
Swimming in the clear crystal waters, flying down water
slides at Atlantis resort and tasting local fare at Arawak Cay are just a few
of the unforgettable adventures you and your children can look forward to in
Nassau. What infant, child or teen,
doesn't enjoy admiring the dazzling array of colorful fish at the Atlantis
aquarium or snorkeling through the Caribbean.
Watch out shopaholics! The duty-free shops and markets can tempt even
the most frugal shopper. Yes, Nassau has
something for everyone! Vacationing in Nassau in the Bahamas is something you will
look back on with fond memories. If you
are here just for a day, or a week there are so many activities and places that
shouldn't be missed.
Let us help you organize your perfect stay here at Nassau.
So let's begin!
Nassau Attractions For Kids
- Looking for a day of R&R? Visit Cable
Beach. Do your kids love the water
and playing in the sand? Who
doesn't? Cable Beach is a favorite hot
spot with lots to offer and keep everyone busy. Drinks and souvenir trinkets can be
purchased. Hair braiding is popular here on the island and kids can have their
hair done also. For the adventure seekers in your family, jet skis can be
rented and there is even parasailing! Vendors are plentiful here too.
See, there is something for each member of your family. Don't forget the sunscreen and enjoy the
tranquil waters of Cable Beach! *Fun Cruise Ship
- Ardastra Gardens & Zoo, like many great zoos,
are family favorites. Bright-colored
parrots always go over well with little ones and who wouldn't enjoy feeding
them? For more fun with feathery
friends, check out the amazing flamingo show?
Its like a child's paradise, with lots of other favorite animals to
- Fort Charlotte -the historical landmark of Nassau and has some gorgeous views. We recommend the tour to
learn all about the old-world fort. If
you want a bit of history and culture, this is a great family place. One of the most educational things to do in Nassau.
- After busy days of touring and adventure seeking, the Blue Lagoon Beach will be just what you
need. Day passes for this blue, calm beach gives you entry to some nice
amenities. For example, take advantage
of the hammocks, gaming area, water tubes and more. Lunch is available as well
as a fantastic wet bar for the adults in the group (Pina Coloda
please!). Kayaks and water bikes can be rented
for the sports enthusiast. Also at the beach are snorkeling tours. *Great Cruise Ship Excursion
- Is your child a fan of pirates? Be sure to see the Pirates of Nassau Museum.
Learn about the true pirates of the Caribbean and venture through the
pirate ship. Be sure to stop by the pirates gift shop before ending your
- Can you think of anything better than a swim with a dolphin? Would your child enjoy a dance with a dolphin? How about a nice big dolphin kiss? This may be one of the biggest children's adventure of them all! Kids aged six and over are free. Even infants and toddlers can get in on the fun with the Young Children's Dolphin Encounter. Another crowd pleaser from our things to do in Nassau is the sea lion meet and greet for kids. Children ages 8 and up can participate. Don't miss this amazing and unforgettable opportunity! *Popular Cruise Ship Excursion
- Segway Tours. Steer your Segway through pathways and then enjoy time at the beach. Children over 9 (must be at least 44 inches) can ride but need to be supervised by someone over 18 years old. Segway Tours is an ideal outing for children and the rest of the family on your Nassau Stopover!
More Things to Do in Nassau with Kids
- Go horseback riding on the beach. One of the best things to do in Nassau with your kids! Enjoy the spectacular view and all the lovely sunshine while you follow a guide on horseback. Suitable for ages 5 and up.
- Take a horse drawn
carriage and ride in style through the streets of Nassau. You can hop on
one just outside the cruise terminal. Children will feel like they are in a
fairy tale as you pass by the quintessential Caribbean-styled pastel homes. A must in your list of things to do in Nassau!
- Head into town for
a little duty free shopping. Restaurants are plentiful for when you are
ready for a break. Any shoppers in the
family will have a great time exploring the straw market. Browse through
items like handmade baskets, jewelry and more!
- Arawak Cay of
Fish Fry, known for its cheap yet delicious meals is situated in a brightly
painted row of huts. They serve up just caught seafood. The specialties here include
conch, snapper, peas and rice. The conch
fritters are a hit! While you are here, make your way to the fruit market, they
offer a mouth-watering array of tropical fruits.
Aquaventure WaterPark is a guaranteed way to put a smile on your little
one's face. With plenty to keep the busiest child entertained, it is a must
see. Water slides, fast and winding tube
rides, a lazy river – for those who want to take it slow and, of course, a
water playground. Teens and older kids adore the heart pounding Leap Of
Faith – a slide with near vertical drops. Sliding through caves and jungles is
a crowd favorite here too. This is a guaranteed good time! Best things to do in Nassau!
- The world class aquariums
at Atlantis are worth visiting. The Dig aquarium hosts exotic and interesting
species. Eels, lionfish and jelly fish
are a few notable mentions. A
not-to-be-missed is the hands on touch
tank. Children can reach in and touch
sea cucumbers, crabs and starfish. One of my personal favorites is the seahorse
tank. Kids will find this is one of the
most fascinating attractions in Nassau.
- Looking for more adventure? Blackbeard's Cay is just that! Everyone will love the Sting Ray
encounter – assuming no one is faint hearted! Here you can actually touch the sting rays (no worries, they are
de-barbed), feed them and have a photo taken to prove it all happened. Spend
the rest of the afternoon relaxing on the beach! Still have energy to do
more? Try out snorkeling and other water
sports and activities offered. Blackbeard's Cay is located about 20 minutes
- Do you and your loved ones enjoy exploring the turquoise waters of the Bahamas? Try Snorkeling. Kids must be five or older to board the boat for the tour. For the older ones (must be over 12) the SUB tour is pretty exciting. They can ride on an underwater motorcycle! The special helmet allows them to explore the breath-taking sea life around them -how cool is that! Be sure to include this in your things to do in Nassau.
- Power Boat Adventures is a fun way to tour a few of Nassau's islands. You start off with a speedy ride. The first stop is an island where you feed the inhabitants - iguanas. Then head to a pristine island where you can catch a glimpse of the shark and stingray feeding.
Adventure, intrigue and crystal clear waters, now that is life in the Bahamas!
Did you enjoy our list of things to do in Nassau with kids?
Read about other great Caribbean Getaways here.
Return to Top of Page