FREE printable luggage tags for the kids when you sign up for our newsletter! Plus we share our best travel tips!
Things To Do in Bangkok with Kids
Best Bangkok Family Attractions
There are lots of fun things to do in Bangkok with kids. Choose from zip lining, the floating market and other family friendly Bangkok attractions.
If you are anything like us, your family will have a great time exploring this chaotic and enchanting city.
Getting around is easy to do! Taxis are plentiful and quite cheap and there is also the Skytrain to take you around. If you are feeling really adventurous you can always take a rickshaw too.
We loved Bangkok-though we were a bit jet lagged when we visited. It was Songkran water festival and my children loved joining in on the street wide water fights!
Best Things to do in Bangkok with Kids
- Wat Pho or temple of the reclining Buddha is an interesting spot to visit. This is the biggest Buddha statue in Thailand. My kids were very impressed by the size of his huge feet!It is great to bring your kids to see these types of cultural wonders- I actually remember my own parents taking me here when I was 14- a memory that has stayed with me for over 30 years! It was great to bring my kids to see it too!
- A visit to the Snake Farm will definitely impress your kids. This place is run by the Thai Red Cross and is used for making antidotes for snake bites.There is an educational and highly entertaining show. You will see both venomous and non-venomous snakes on display. This is one of the most interesting things to do in Bangkok with kids. My son was enchanted by this place!
- Lumphini Park is very close to the Snake farm and a great place for relaxing with the family.There is a lake with paddle boats available for rent. Join in with the locals doing aerobics or tai chi. You may catch a glimpse of a monitor lizard or turtle. A great place for your small children to run around in.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market is a popular choice for families visiting Bangkok. It is located about an hour outside Bangkok and is one of the unique things to do in Bangkok with kids. You will board a small boat as your driver navigates the riverways. You will be able to buy lots of delicious snacks from other boat vendors such as fried bananas or fresh coconut water. This can be combined with a tour to feed the swimming monkeys! Lots of fun. Don't miss this!
- A bike tour
is one of the fun ways to explore Bangkok with children. Bangkok Biking
will arrange a private bike tour for your family. They have bike seats
for babies and toddlers as well as children`s bikes.
- Ziplining is a fun Bangkok attraction for the family. Your teenagers will love this one! Even younger kids can participate (Minimum height is 3 feet, 3 inches). You will drive 1.5 hours outside of Bangkok into the rain forest where you will have 3km of zip-lining to do. There is also a treetop obstacle course. This place is so cool -my kids love it and still talk about it to this day!
- Take a cooking class with the kids. There are several schools offering delicious menus to choose from. The cooking class is a great way to learn about Thai food and the best part is you get to eat your meal when you are done. This is one of the great family-friendly things to do in Bangkok with kids.
- The Grand Palace is another one of the interesting things to see in Bangkok with kids. This large complex houses many interesting buildings and an emerald Buddha. There is a dress code here and shoulders and legs must be covered. A guide will make this more interesting for the kids so they can understand the history of the place. It can get quite here as you are wondering around so be sure to have some bottled water, hats and sunscreen for everyone.
- A visit to the Ancient City is a great way to spend the day with your kids in Bangkok. This is a huge tranquil park with features of the many beautiful sites of Thailand. You can rent a golf cart (4 seater) to explore this place. This is a popular place for Thai school children to visit so you kids might make some new friends here!
- Safari world is another fun kids attraction in Thailand. There are lots of animal shows including an orangutan boxing show. There is also a bird aviary and jungle walk.
- Don`t miss out on sampling the delicious Thai food. My kids loved the spring rolls, pad thai and chicken with cashews. One of the best parts of visiting Thailand is all the delicious food you get to eat -especially the fruit!
- The Chao Phraya river runs through Bangkok and can be used to visit several attractions including the Grand Palace via the water taxi or long-tails. This is great fun for the kids. You will see lots of interesting sites along the way including houses on stilts, and locals swimming and fishing in the river.
- Siam Niramit is a beautiful Thai show featuring 150 performers and 500 costumes. It is a spectacular performance that most kids would enjoy. It is held in the evenings at 8pm and runs until 9:30 so it is better suited for older kids. There is also an optional buffet dinner.
- There are several night markets where you can have a meal and do some more shopping. The usual bargains will be found including clothes, jewelry and souvenirs.
- The Dusit Zoo is a great place to spend a few hours with the kids. There is quite a selection of animals. Your kids may even have the chance to feed the elephants. There is a small lake with paddle boats and a children`s play area. The entrance fee is quite cheap. This is one of the best things to do in Bangkok with kids.
- Siam Ocean World is located in Siam Paragon Mall. This huge aquarium has lots of fun activities for the family to enjoy. There is a glass bottom boat ride and even a 4D movie. Don`t forget to buy the fish food so you can feed them!
- Dreamworld amusement park is a fun way to spend an afternoon with the kids. There are lots of fun rides including a log ride, space mountain knock off, bumper cars and haunted house. There are lots of games to play and don`t miss out on the 4D movie!
- A visit to Chatuchak Market is in order for all the shopaholics in the family. There is everything under the sun here from souvenirs, clothing, furniture, art, jewelery etc. There is several stalls serving food, snacks and cold drinks. Grab a map to navigate this massive market. Teenagers will LOVE this place! Have the kids save some of their allowance before you go so they can practice their bargaining skills while they shop for their own souvenirs. This market is open on Saturdays and Sundays.
- There is a children`s museum close to the Chatuchak Market. It is very interactive with Thai costumes, drums, a recording studio and planetarium.
- A visit to Khaosan road is one of the best things to do in Bangkok with kids in the evenings. This road lights up at night and there are lots of delicious restaurants to dine at, including McDonalds and other fast food options for those wanting some familiar food. Or for your adventurous kids there is vendors selling fried insects such as grasshoppers. There are also street vendors offering henna tattoos, clothes and souvenirs.
- MBK is a huge multi-level mall with loads of bargains to be found. This is a great place to pick up some cheap kids clothes. There is also lots of souvenirs and electronics here.
- Take a ride with a tuk tuk driver through the streets of Bangkok. Your children will enjoy this! Be sure to confirm pricing before you head off and where you would like to have the ride too. Be firm on heading straight to your destination or you may instead end up being dragged to his friends jewelry factory (aka store!)
- Wat Arun or temple of the dawn is a beautiful temple. It is one of the most famous in Bangkok. It has a 70 meter high spire that is decorated in porcelain and colored glass pieces. Your teenagers will have fun climbing to the top to get a bird`s eye view of the city. The stairs are very steep so the climbing is not suitable for toddlers or young kids.
- Tiger temple is another option for those more adventurous visitors to Thailand. Monks handle the tigers and you can stroll openly beside them and even touch them. I personally didn;t get the nerve up to go!
So that's our top fun things to do in Bangkok with kids!
More Thailand Family Travel Articles:
Return to Top of Page