Things To Do In Prague With Kids
Best Attractions For Babies, Toddlers, Children & Teenagers
Castles, horse carriage rides and an awesome zoo are some of the fun
things to do in Prague with kids! There is something for everyone here.
Babies and toddlers will delight in seeing the peacocks in the palace
Children will have a great time exploring the cobblestone
streets on a horse and carriage ride. Teens will love seeing the
microscopic works of art at the Miniature Museum.
is of course the high season for visiting Prague where you can enjoy
the lovely parks and gardens. The winter months are quite magical with
the snow covering the roofs and the wonderful Christmas lights!
If you are traveling with a baby or toddler
you will want to bring a stroller that is durable enough to maneuver
the cobble stone streets and hilly roads. A baby backpack carrier is
also a good option.
Diapers are readily available in supermarkets and
pharmacies though they may be more expensive than back home. Formula and
baby food is also available but may not be the brands your little one
is used to.
15 Best Sightseeing Attractions In Prague With Kids
- Prague Toy Museum is one of the best Prague family attractions. It is located in the Prague Castle Complex. Children like seeing the toys from all over the world. There are toys from ancient times as well as modern day toys - a hit with all kids!
- St Vitrus Cathedral is one of the beautiful Prague sites. Babies, toddlers and children will enjoy the amazing colorful stain glass windows. Try to visit on a sunny day in the late afternoon for best views of the sun streaming though! Kids will also have fun spotting the gargoyles on the outside of this Gothic cathedral. It is located in the Prague Castle Complex. This is a great cultural thing to do in Prague with the kids.
- The Prague Castle complex is one of the interesting things to do in Prague with kids. Start at the top of the hill and wander down exploring the churches, palaces, royal gardens, courtyards and the toy museum. There are lots of restaurants and cafes in the complex as well.
- In the morning you can watch the changing of the guard. Children will also enjoy seeing Golden Lane with the tiny houses that used to be home to the tradespeople. After you can stroll across Charles Bridge.
- Lobkowicz Palace is one of the interesting things to do in Prague with kids. Your whole family will be fascinated with the history of this family who lost their possessions twice to the Nazis and the Communists. The audio guide is excellent for older children and teenagers as it is a personal narration from descendants of this royal family.
- Children will also enjoy the armor room, bird room and music room where original scores from Beethoven and Mozart can be seen. Your budding musicians will enjoy the one-hour classical music concert (held at 1pm). This beautiful palace is located in the Prague Castle Complex.
- Take a stroll across Charles Bridge with your family. This pedestrian-only cobblestone bridge is one of the iconic Prague attractions. Children will enjoy rubbing the statues along the way for good luck, climbing the towers at either end for great views, and checking out the work of the street artists and musicians along the way. The bridge crosses the Vltava River and connects the Old Town with the Lesser Town.
- Stop by the gorgeous Wallenstein Palace Gardens with your family. Kids will love seeing the colorful fish in the ponds, the peacocks strolling the gardens (including some pretty white ones!) and the aviary. The garden is filled with sculptured hedges and fountains and beautiful flowers. Don't miss this one- it is just down the hill from the Prague Palace Complex.
- A visit to Zoo Praha is one of the best things to do in Prague with kids. This is a cage-free zoo where animals have plenty of space to explore in their recreated habitats. You can easily spend a whole day here once your kids have had their fill of Prague castles! This is a great Prague family attraction for all ages.
- House of the Black Madonna is a quirky museum based on cubist architecture. Cubism plays an important role in Europe's art history with Picasso being a pioneer of this art form.Teenagers and children will enjoy seeing the funky furniture and paintings here. There is an interesting staircase here! This fun Prague family attraction is worth a visit if you have an hour or two to spare.
- Head to Petrin Hill with your family. Children will love the funicular ride up the hill. There is a beautiful park here -great for a picnic or you can have a bite at one of the cafes.Those energetic kids will love climbing the 300 stairs up the Petrin Tower for great views of Prague (you can get amazing photos of those classic Prague roofs!). You can also take an elevator ride up (great if traveling with babies or toddlers). Kids will love the mirror maze next door with lots of fun crazy distorted mirrors.
- Take a break from the fascinating Prague history and enjoy the Bobsleigh Track with your children. Kids 8 and up can ride alone and younger kids can ride with a parent on a two seater sled. The track is 1 km long and has curves and dips. Teenagers will love racing at top speeds and checking their speeds on the speedometer at the bottom. There is a break to control your speeds for younger kids and wimpy parents! There is a great restaurant here selling grilled meats and vegetables and cold beer (for the parents of course!).
- Head to the Old Town Square (Staromestske Namesti) to see the historical buildings, churches and statues that date back 700 years. The square used to be the prime marketplace in Prague. It is now home to restaurants, cafes and souvenir shops. There are sometimes vendors selling tasty street food and street performers. You can catch a horse carriage ride from here to explore Prague in style.
- Children will love seeing the astronomical clock. On the hour (9am-9pm) the trumpets play and small wooden doors open-out comes Christ and his disciples while the skeleton of death rings the bell! This is a must do while in Prague with kids!
- Kids will love a horse and carriage ride through the old streets of Prague. They will feel like they are in a fairy tale as you explore the Gothic buildings and cobblestone streets. You will find the carriages in Old Town Square (Staromestske Namesti). This is one of the fun things to do in Prague with kids.
- Letna Park is one of the fun Prague family attractions. There are playgrounds here and lots of green space for the kids to run around in. Teenagers may enjoy watching the skateboarders. There are great views of Prague and the Vltana River and bridges. There is a lovely beer garden here (for parents!) and sausage vendors.
- One of the best things about traveling is getting to try the local foods. Dumplings, sausages, and bramboráky will soon be your kid's favorites. And of course lots of refreshing beer for the parents. Check out these Czech food for kids to sample on your Prague family holidays.
- The Museum of Miniatures is one of the unique things to do in Prague with kids and teenagers. Your whole family will be entertained looking through the microscopes and magnifying glasses at these tiny works of art. Children will be so excited seeing the grasshopper playing the violin, a caravan of camels in the eye of a needle and the Lord's Prayer written on a human hair -truly amazing!
Read about other European holidays here!
Plan your family holiday to Czech Republic here!
Czeck with Kids
What's your favorite Prague attraction for kids? Share on FaceBook
Return to Top of Page