Things To Do In Montego Bay With Kids
Mobay Family Attractions!
Montego Bay is a great spot to visit with the kids! The beaches here are beautiful! All the action is on Gloucester Avenue also known as the Hip Strip with loads of family friendly Montego Bay activities. Here you will find gorgeous beaches, delicious restaurants, shopping and even a games room for the kids.
14 Best Things To Do In Montego Bay With Kids
- Doctor's Cave Beach is located in the heart of the Hip Strip. One of the best things to do in Montego Bay with kids is to rent a beach chair and umbrella for the day and the kids will be entertained playing in the sand and cooling off in that gorgeous blue Caribbean Sea. There is an on site restaurant and cybercafe if you need to check your email (or in my case if your teen needs to update his facebook status!).
- Also on the Hip Strip is Walter Fletcher Beach which is home to Aquasol Theme Park. There is plenty for the whole family to do including ocean trampolines, water sports and even a go kart track! Make sure to stop by and see the parrots too. This is a great beach to bring babies and toddlers.
- Check out the games room at Coral Cliff Hotel on the Hip Strip. There are loads of arcade games for the kids to choose from! This is one of the best things to do in Montego Bay with your kids in the evenings.
- Don't miss out on the delicious Jerk chicken. The Pork Pit on Gloucester Ave is a must! The chicken is moist and tasty here or if you venture into town in the evening stop by one of the vendors selling the real deal out of the barrel. Paired with hard dough bread-simply divine! Scotchies is another great restaurant (ask your taxi driver to bring you) serving jerk fish, chicken, pork as well as festivals (fried dumplings), yam, breadfruit and more! Read up on the best Jamaican food for kids!
- Other things to do in Montego Bay with kids include glass bottom boat rides to see the beautiful ocean life. This is a fascinating activity for toddlers and young children. Or there are jet ski rentals available at most of the local beaches.
- Get a day pass at Sunset Beach Resort and enjoy the Pirates Paradise water park . Afterwards drop the kids off at the kid's club while you relax in the beachfront jacuzzi. This is one of the most enjoyable family friendly Montego Bay activities.
- Visit one of the many Handicraft Markets for some shopping. Have the kids test their bargaining skills for a souvenir to bring home. Pick out a Jamaican doll, T-shirt or a drum. Be warned though the market is not for the faint of heart. Teens will want to spent hours here!
- Teenagers will have fun visiting Margaritaville when you travel to Jamaica. This lively beach bar and restaurant has a 120 foot water slide from the roof into the ocean. Wow! Enjoy the reggae music while the kids jump on the ocean trampolines . This is at the top of the list of Montego Bay things to do with older children. My teens want to move into this place!!
- Rockland Bird Sanctuary is home to many species of birds native to Jamaica. Toddlers and young children will get a kick out of hand feeding the birds while traveling in Mobay. There are lots of colorful birds to see including Jamaica's national bird-the doctor hummingbird.
Montego Bay Day Trips With Kids
- Rafting on the Martha Brae river is definitely a truly exciting family activity in Montego Bay.
Located forty minutes past Mobay you simply hop aboard a bamboo raft
and relish the lush, green countryside while your friendly guide
paddles your family up the stunning river.
- One of the coolest Montego Bay things to do with your kids is visit Luminous Lagoon. Located just 30 minutes drive from Montego Bay you don't want to miss this! Your children will be so impressed with Mother Nature as they witness water glowing in the dark at this amazing Jamaican sightseeing spot! Ride a boat to observe the full effects of the microscopic organisms that thrive in the lagoon. These organisms induce a phosphorescent light that appears when the water is moved or stirred up.
- Take a Zipline tour through the jungles of Jamaica. There are two companies offering this exciting adventure. Chukka tours and Zipline Adventure both require children to be at least 10 to participate. This is a thrilling activity for older kids and teenagers
Return to Top of Page