FREE printable luggage tags for the kids when you sign up for our newsletter! Plus we share our best travel tips!
Ten Things to Do with Kids in RAK
Ras Al Khaimah Family Travels
Ras Al Khaimah or RAK is well positioned to be easily reached from several continents and the warm weather is a draw to those coming from colder climates.
With the coast on one side and the mountains on the other RAK offers many adventures into the natural surroundings.
- Banyan Tree Al Wadi Nature Reserve-Here you can see the desert wildlife in its natural habitat. You can take a 45-minute horse ride (including instruction if this is your first time) and ride about the nature reserve. This will cost AED 130.
It is also possible not to enter the nature reserve and simply to have a riding lesson. The best option is to take a guided ride into the desert reserve for 160 AED per child and 130 AED per child. If you really love horses take a stable experience for 500 AED and spend the morning there. You can also take a guided camel ride out into the desert for 110 AED. Also at the nature reserve it is possible to see the falconry.
- Beaches and desert-The first two attractions for kids have to be the beautiful beaches and the lush desert landscape and mountains which wait to be explored. For tours, desert safaris into the mountains and countryside arrange it through a tour guide. Older kids might like to try dune bashing. For the beach just grab your bucket and spade and go! Most of the resorts have private beaches and water sports are readily available.
- Iceland Water Park -Claiming to be the biggest water park in the world it certainly gets the prize for the most incongruous location-the desert! Attractions include the Tundra showers, Penguin Falls 14 meter high waterfall, lap pool and Kid's Cove for younger kids. Read more about the park here.
There are 50 water slides like Mount Attack and Boomerango and a wave pool. There is even a regular pool for the less adventurous. Cost is AED 150 for adults and AED 100 for kids shorter than 1.2 meters. Located at Al Jazirat Al Hamra, and open from 11am-8pm, 9pm on weekends
- Jungle Bungle -At the top of the Al Safeer Mall you will find this activity center for kids with electronic games, bumper boats, puppet shows and soft play (jimbori) areas.
- Bowling-You have several options for bowling there is Super Bowling where there are also snooker tables it is opposite Etisalat or you can go to The Brunswick Bowling Alley.
Cultural Activities + Word Searches + Colouring Pages + Fun Travel Quizzes & More!
- Raptor Falconry Display -Here you can see birds of prey in action, observe them from the Falconry Deck or tour the Falconry Mews rehabilitation and breeding center. It is also possible to take a falconry course. Inquire at the Al Wadi Nature Reserve.
- Kiddy Land-This play center is next to Pizza Inn on Main Road open 9am-11pm kids can play here for 20Dhs or they can climb a climbing wall for 10Dhs for 10 minutes.
- Cool Land-Here you can find a soft play area as well as join in with one of the parent-baby groups which meets from 10am -12am once a week. The get together costs 25DHs. Cool Land is in Al Hamra Mall above Spinneys.
- Manor Mall-This will probably be your first stop if traveling with kids, the mall has a lot more than shops. There is a 6 screen cinema complex; an electronic games arcade; entertainment center and even a beach! Kids will find plenty to keep them busy with all the amusement park type rides and activities from climbing to driving. There is also a race tracks for camel racing from September to April. The mall is in the Al Nakheel area. The mall also has art exhibitions and other cultural events.For other cinema options try Cinema Gulf Cinema, Grand Cinema.
- Saqr Park-Located in Kharan, Ras al Khaimah, here there are play areas and a few amusement park rides (rollercoaster, Big Splash). There are even some activities for the kids that you might not expect in a park like an electronic game arcade, electronic cars and shops. There is also an area to have a barbeque so bring along the grill! Entrance is 10 Dhs a car with parking provided within the park.
Don't forget to like us on facebook or share with your friends!
Things to do in the UAE
United Arab Emirates
Ras Al Khaimah
Return to Top of Page